Friday, January 23, 2009

Lucky Number 13

So there I was.........haha...just kidding........kind-of. So on Wednesday night Sterling and I had gone to bed and I got up to use the restroom. Well, a little background.....we are living in a trailer .....I know, if that doesn't set the tone....I don't know what does. Ok more background:

- in trailers the AC vents are in the floor (not the ceiling)
- ours are plastic
- we had talked about changing them out, but never got around to it.
- last week Sterling stepped on the one in our bedroom and it cracked.

Ok. Enough background. So I stepped off the bed to go the bathroom and stepped on the cracked vent in the floor, and went right through. It was funny until I pulled my leg out with the vent attached to it and saw my tibia for the first time. Sterling came over, got me and carried me to the car......yes, with the vent still attached. We went to the nearest hospital and waited in the ER for a while.....well, to make a long story short, we left 2 1/2 hours later with 10 shots and 13 staples; 11 in my shin and 2 in my foot. So if you can't handle graphic pictures I don't suggest looking at the following.


That's my knee at the top and the tissue
attached to stop the bleeding

That's about 3 inches long, and the white
you see inside......yes.....is my bone.


That is my 11 staples


Two staples in my foot

3 comments:

  1. I think that you might need to post some more photography pictures of pretty flowers or something....something nice...and pretty...and not red! And, I hope that your leg is feeling better and I feel sooo bad that you fell through the floor and that we didn't just get the vent covers when we were looking at them. Hugs! Love you! -Melica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you have a landlord you can sue? Haha. That should at least be worth a free month of rent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia! Ah! This is AWFUL! Painful! Horrible! I'm glad you're blogging. Hope married life is treating you well. Love, the currys

    ReplyDelete