So I was at work on Friday and this fax came through (which was found by a co-worker of course) that told me to saddle up for a fun western date night. Well, it was longer, but I can't remember it all. Anyway, when Sterling went to his interview in Arizona he decided since he was so close to Mexico he'd just go ahead and visit. While there he picked up a couple nice cowboy hats. Needless to say, I found an outfit in my trunk with a cowboy hat. I was instructed to change before I came home. I pulled up and we headed out to a yummy dinner at Philly Junction (fun little joint with good food) and then headed for the real fun. Oh yes my friends, it was time to go dancing....cowboy style. We walked in to the Riverside Community Center for a lesson and then dancing. We were a few minutes late, and were noticed by all.....not just because we had on authentic Mexican cowboy hats, but also because we have dark brown hair. Pretty sure we were the only ones under......probably 60. I figured it could go one of two ways; complete and utter rejection or loved by all. We found the second to be true, with everyone including the DJ giving us pointers and checking up on us. Needless to say, it was a ton of fun, and I probably shouldn't admit it, but my calves are a little sore today. I'm sure we will return as you don't find such quality entertainment like that very often these days.
But oh the fun doesn't end there. We came home and there was a tent set up in the living room with a fire going! (It was on the T.V., but the effect was nice). We had wanted to go camping, but every time we plan to go it is predicted to rain and bring a cold front. Sterling was not going to give in this time and had it set up in the living room. We had blankets in there and put in the movie August Rush (which I really enjoyed). By that time we were exhausted and called it a night....nope, not in the tent. We went upstairs and went to bed. Pretty much the best date night ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment