Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's Official!

We are triathletes! So the triathlon was on Saturday, and it was so much fun! We ended up going to bed pretty late (not what we had planned), and had to wake up around 4:15 to get ready and get there on time. We made it on time and got everything set up shortly before the race started. Sterling was in the first wave (men under 40), so we were able to observe them before we had to go. Sterling got a few kicks to the face, but I had a really nice swim. Melica and I were in the third wave, so we went 6 minutes later. The ocean was nice and calm, and the weather was perfect. The bike was three laps, and unlike when you're in the water, you can see the age of the person passing you on their calf. I tried not to look, but I couldn't help it. Let's just say I'm glad I wasn't competing against the 40-60 year olds. They can bust it! I felt pretty good passing one of the 12 year-olds on the bike, but then he smoked me on the run, so that back-fired! Overall though, it was a great experience, and I was pretty happy with my times.






















And our wonderful supporters! They were great!

2 comments: