Well, I've been putting off the crib skirt (though it seemed much easier than the bumper), but then I had a paper to write this week. Of course, I procrastinated the paper and was forced to work on the crib skirt. Somehow I finished the paper first....guess I forgot how long this would take!
I used a grey canvas fabric to tie in the grey satin on the bumper. Then I used the same pattern from the bumper on the bottom of the skirt. In this lighting the whole thing looks grey, but the satin on the bottom part of the skirt is the same blue in the bumper. Then I added a box pleat and ta da! I'll try to get pictures with better lighting to make the blue stand out better.
Oh, we went to a baby safety class last night. (Hopefully you can sense my sarcastic tone in the following sentences). Apparently our child won't make it very long. Between suffocating on the bumper, having respiratory issues if we use baby powder, and having a poisonous plant in the house, the odds aren't too high! haha!


No comments:
Post a Comment