Sunday, August 2, 2009

Next, on MTV cribs

I'd say, "Welcome to our humble home," but it's too killa to be a humble home. Welcome to our crib.

So we decided to move. No big deal, right? WRONG. Big deal. First, there was shopping for a place. Three years later, we found the perfect deal on the perfect place, the perfect distance from both of our jobs. We later found out that it's not in the Bonita ward anymore, which can be perfect or not, depending on how you look at it. :) Anyway, what I DIDN'T realize is that we can't just move into a place- first we have to paint it. No big deal, right? Just paint it. Wrong again. To see Julia and her mom tear apart books and books of paint colors was reminiscent of a medieval crusade. Another three years later, we had colors picked out... then came the painting.




After the colors were picked out, we had to see if they looked good. Notice I said AFTER the colors were picked out. What am I going to say, "No- let's do it all again?" They looked great. My wife is staring at me now... they really did look great though. :)

My hott wife taping the floorboards and counter.



Her hott husband painting in the kitchen. I was hoping it would be worth it... if we ever finished.


Check out those legs... I mean that paint. Looks good, huh?


If you're going to paint a wall, you might as well have fun with it! Back in the day we used to get arrested for stuff like this! Just kidding. Sorry, Mom.



No pressure at all painting next to a guy who used to paint for a LIVING. Also, the remnants of our awesome lunch from Five Guys (my idea)!


Hott wife... racing stripes... good day. :)



The end result. I guess this idea is the freshest thing from Paris. Dang straight.
SO- a total of 6 years later and after two weekends of painting (MUCH love to both of our parents for the backup on that one), our house became more homey. Not homely-- homey. Then came the moving in part... we'll update you on that when it's actually finished. Let's just say that we moved in on my B-day, July 15th, and we still have piles of boxes around. We're working on it, though. More pics later.



3 comments:

  1. looks good- the true test of a marriage is painting ( not as bad) or wallpapering together. That is the true test! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good, I like the yellow/mustard color you guys chose. miss you guys! the ym/yw miss you too! they haven't called a new teacher yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! sahweeet crib! its refreshing to see pictures of such young love :) and yes sterling, your wife does have nice legs...thats ok for me to say i hope :) keep us up to date with the move!

    ReplyDelete