Cohen Davis Haring joined our family on October 29th! I went in on Sunday evening to be induced. It was supposed to begin around 8:00, but when they started monitoring him his heart rate dropped. They had me on oxygen, flipped over on the bed, head down.....guess he wanted to start things off with a bang! Everything was fine, but it changed the doctor's orders. We started the induction at midnight, and that's when our sleep deprived life began! I didn't have a set "birth plan" but wanted to see how long I could man it out. I lasted until about 3:30 Monday afternoon and 7 centimeters. Finally, my stubbornness gave way to the pain (and some convincing from Sterling) and I asked for an epidural. Well, apparently the anatomy of my back made things difficult. It took 45 minutes, and 4 or 5 tries (at the end of which he had run out of lidocaine) and it didn't completely work. But it did cut the pain in half, so I'd say it was still worth it. A little less than three hours later our little one arrived! 6 lbs. 15 oz., 21" long, and perfect! (As I'm sure all parents feel).
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
hi IS perfect! i definitely see so much of the davis family in him! congratulations! as much as i hate to admit it, the sleep deprivation is well worth it :)
ReplyDeletevery cute- congrats to you both :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a cutie. Enjoy the little moments!
ReplyDeleteHe has such perfect little features. The newborn stage is like a dream....it's so fun!
ReplyDeleteHe is DARLING! Congratulations. So excited your little family is growing. Enjoy being a mom, its awesome!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!