Sunday, July 13, 2014

Philly Part 2

We only had 2 weeks at this rotation in Philadelphia, so here are our last week's adventures.  Be warned; there are a lot of pictures!

Cohen's first time "driving" in the grocery cart. I think it was more dangerous having me pushing that giant cart!  Luckily I didn't actually hit anything, but it was pure luck, haha!


We had a state park/nature trail nearby, so we explored that one day (complete with cookie break, of course). 


A walk through the neighborhood...


...with a stop/run at the baseball fields...


...then to the slides...


...then playing in the rain (which he LOVED)!


A package from Nana and Mapa (woohoo!)


It was my birthday, and Sterling had a conference in D.C. the weekend before, so Cohen and I went with him and after he finished his conference we all went to the zoo!  We hadn't been yet and heard it was really good (and free...Bonus!). 


 We found a park to play at while Sterling was in his conference.

Cohen's big into animals recently so it was a lot of fun to see all of them!  The lion was pretty upset when we stopped by so we got to hear him roar.  Then they had a big farm/petting area.  Fun! Fun!




Looking at the goats


Petting the cows



Sunday nature trail walk 


...including skipping rocks...


...and, as usual, a cookie break! (Sterling was pretty excited to get to participate in it this time)



Sterling was at his rotation on my birthday, but he arranged for a babysitter so we could go on a date! Yea!!!  (There was a mom in the ward that I hung out with, and she lived right down the road and has a son the same age).  We hadn't had good sushi for a long time, so Sterling got a recommendation from one of the residents for Sushi Land.  Haha!  Sounds sketchy, but it was really good!  And I got to enjoy every bite without a little person interrupting me.  It was a fabulous birthday present!

When we picked Cohen up, Amy (my friend) had helped Cohen with this happy birthday sign, and had made some birthday cupcakes!  So sweet!  I'm not sure she realized just how much that touched me.  I guess you never know how your actions can impact someone.


The cupcakes were amazing!  Chocolate filled with a peanut butter heaven.  Yum!


Get together with one of my favorite missionary comps! (Turns out she was only 45 minutes away).  It was such a great visit!  It was fun to talk about the mission and our experiences.  We both agreed that serving a mission was one of the best decisions we've ever made.  So grateful for that experience!


Todd and Cohen....future missionary companions?  =)



My first time in a laundromat.  Not as bad as I thought.  However, it was incredibly pricey.  Maybe we're going in to the wrong field.  =) 



Next....on to Detroit!


1 comment:

  1. I remember when you made yummy cupcakes for me on my birthday last year and made my day :D. Glad somebody could pass that on to you this year!

    ReplyDelete