Here's a picture...just because I feel like I shouldn't have a blog post without one. =)
Monday, October 13, 2014
I think we're going to Boston...
Well, I'm pretty positive! We started out this year (school year) moving every 2-4 weeks for Sterling's rotations. We were preparing for The Match (the residency application process), and everything was in order. Then, we got a huge opportunity that just came out of nowhere. Sterling was finalizing some details of a paper he was submitting, and one of the physicians he did research with sent him a very kind email with a very great opportunity; he (the Dr.) would be moving from Hopkins to take a director position at Harvard, and had a project with the NIH that he thought Sterling would be perfect to head up! Awesome... and BOMB! Okay, I'm not complaining here, but why do I ever make any plans?! So, with this new possibility we had to decide whether or not we should put off residency and take this opportunity or go ahead with residency. Clearly, we decided to go with this amazing opportunity. I am unclear of the project details, but I do know Sterling will be working on the SGR (sustainable growth rate) and how it involves medical reimbursement. (I think). Anyway, it really is a perfect project for Sterling, and he is really excited for it. So, now we are finishing out rotations, Sterling will graduate from med school this summer, and then we will head up to Boston! We are excited to explore Boston, and have a job! It will be a fun new adventure in this crazy life of ours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment