My sister had been telling me about how cheap tickets can be from Tennessee to Florida through Allegiant. And she was right! Sterling had to switch this past month to his vacation month in order to arrange rotations here, so we had a short time left, and well, we were in dire need of some dental work. So, we had the perfect excuse for a getaway!
Melica was kind enough to watch Cohen while we were at the dentist. They had just finished helping her make some lemon cookies with powdered sugar - such fun! (Hence the topless part of the picture) =)
The cookies were for a Relief Society activity, so the boys had the kids. I'll give you one guess where they went. Yep! Bass Pro Shops. Cohen had so much fun with his cousins, and they were so sweet to him! Here he's holding Nathan's (or "Muffin" as Cohen said) hand.
Kid sized picnic bench...inside a tent. Doesn't get much better than that!
Pool day!
This little guy didn't sleep too well at night. Clearly that wasn't an issue in the car...while eating a PB cracker.
We went and picked up my grandmother for lunch. It was so good to see her!
We arrived Sunday, and Sterling flew back on Thursday. And he volunteered (without any hint or suggestion from me) to take Cohen back with him! I'd like to think I jumped at the opportunity, but it was a tough decision. I did, however, take him up on it. I missed them both, but it was a nice break (4 days)! So we got some girl time! We went to dinner and a movie one night, then shopping, Royal Scoop, dinner, and a red box the next day. And by day I mean ALL day! It was so nice! And I even had a day to myself...I treated myself to some highlights, called a friend without having to fight a toddler, took a nice long shower, spent a ridiculous amount of time doing my make-up, and just relaxed. It was PERFECT!








No comments:
Post a Comment