So I thought I could do Boston in one....or two nutshells. Looks like that's just not going to happen. So, here's the 2nd nutshell.
The young men in our ward (and Cohen) got to meet Jeremy Guthrie (who was pitching for the Royals). How can a 2 yr. old have a dream of meeting a baseball player? I don't really know, but Cohen LOVES baseball and he was beyond excited to meet Jeremy. Jeremy spoke to the young men about how he chose to serve a mission over starting his baseball career, and all kinds of inspiring things. Then he took them out on the field at Fenway, gave them a tour of Fenway and where they practice, signed baseballs for them, and even gave them his custom-made glove. What an experience!
Unfortunately we had a friend pass away and went to the funeral. As we were about to leave Cohen fell while he was running and smashed into a couch....and his tooth went all the way through his lip. So, we visited the ER on our way home.
He was quite the trooper.
Corn maze with friends! There were all kinds of activities and food. What fun!
Val (my sister-n-law) and her kids came up to Mass. to visit her parents. So we took a day to drive over and meet them at the zoo. It was so fun to get to see them and to play together!
We drove north until we found some fall leaves, pulled off, and went on a hike.
Went whale watching. I was a little reluctant to do this one. Whether my fear of a whale jumping out of the water and smashing the boat is a justifiable one or not, I was still hesitant. But we went, saw some whales and their calfs and headed back. Luckily, they were sleeping so our boat didn't get smashed. =) It really was a lot of fun, though.
Date night....I think this golf course is in a movie. I just don't remember which one. Oh, and I won, just for the record.
Our space astronaut
More baseball
Fun with Isla and her family. They took care of us while Sterling was out of town. =) What great friends!
Trip up to Rockport for exploring and kayaking with friends.
Our "it's a boy" celebration.
Special father son time. Always includes JP Licks. Yum!

No comments:
Post a Comment