Sunday, October 23, 2016

Getting Settled In

We looked at several apartments and had it narrowed down to three.  We really felt like we were on the international house hunters show.  We had nicknames for each one, discussed pros and cons, and then had to decide.  We ended up with one that was just a 7 minute walk from Sterling's work.  That was one of our major deciding factors.  In Boston his commute was always 45+ minutes, so 7 minutes is a nice change.  The apartment was not furnished, so we made an IKEA trip before we moved in, but all we had were kitchen items and Cohen's bed.  A friend in the ward lent us a couple of air mattresses to sleep on until our furniture was delivered.  



As luck would have it, Cohen got sick during this process.  I was washing his quilt in the bathtub (uber pregnant) but grateful we had extra sheets for him to sleep on.  Luckily we had a bowl too.  Poor guy, was wiped out and just fell asleep on the hard floor.  


Shortly after we moved in it was time for Carnival.  I was so glad there was actually a reason I packed Cohen's spiderman costume! We headed out to Bellinzona to join in the festivities.






This was the king of the Carnival.  He started the parade.


Everyone was dressed up...children and adults.


The streets were COVERED in confetti.  You can't see it here, but they looked blue and purple and green, because the confetti was everywhere.  I guess the tradition is to throw confetti at the people in the parade as they go by.  Here is Cohen taking part in the fun!



This is just a smidge of the amount of confetti that was on the street.  This is a side street, not the main one.  Cohen had never tried cotton candy before....



....it didn't turn out well, haha!


As we were walking down the main street we looked over and there was a giant castle! Like nbd.













I loved watching Sterling and Cohen just run around and play.  It didn't even matter to Cohen that we were in a castle.  He was just having fun with Daddy.  I think this is one of my favorite memories so far.  (And I can say that since I'm posting this 8 months after the fact)









No comments:

Post a Comment