Monday, October 24, 2016

Nice and Monaco

So, when we were in Boston my due date was February 22nd.  Then when I got my ultrasound, they changed in to the 20th (woohoo).  Well, after we arrived in Switzerland, I made an appt. with the OB and he scheduled me for 2 more weeks (at this point I was thinking it should only be a week, but I went with it).  So at the next appointment I decided to ask him when my due date was.  He had all of my medical records, but I thought I'd ask anyway.  After explaining to me that it didn't matter because babies don't actually come on their due date (shocker), he told me the 27th.  What?!  An entire extra week!  Now, I do have to say with the move and all of the craziness the 9 months seemed to go rather quickly, but I was still ready to not be pregnant anymore.  So the weekend of the 20th rolls around (my original due date) and Sterling says, "well, since the baby hasn't come let's go to Nice and Monaco!"  Hmmm....  So I bring up some minor issues like what if I go into labor.  Well, Mr. "trust me I'm a Dr." proceeds to explain that labor is a long process and it's only a 4 hr. drive there, so we could turn around and come back before the baby would even come.  Great.  Well, as you can see from the pictures, he won.  Luckily, I didn't go into labor...or he would not have won in the end. 


We left in the evening (probably due to a lengthy discussion about actually going) so we pulled off at a hotel a couple hours into the drive.  It was really cheap and really nice!  Too bad we didn't bring the swimsuits.



Overlooking Monaco.  It was really beautiful.




The color of the water was so vibrant.  


The beach wasn't sand, it was tons of smooth rocks...so of course there is an obligation to throw the rocks in the water.  Good thing we have Cohen to take care of that!


And don't forget about chasing the pigeons!





After Sterling drove around like a race car and drooled over all of the fancy cars we headed on toward Nice.  We were hungry so Sterling turned off into a village, drove up the mountain, and found us this great restaurant with a beautiful view!  And we found out that the best olive oil in the country was not far away.  Score!  It took a while to find, but it was awesome!  Not exactly what we buy at Publix (no offense to Publix of course). 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment