Day 2: Since we had been up for so long with travelling, etc. (not to mention the 6 hour time difference) we took the liberty of sleeping in. Man, it was nice. Then we packed our evening with St. Peter's Square, the Castle St. Angelo, and the Colosseum (to see it at night).
We found this nice little cafe for lunch. We had spaghetti and meatballs. They came separately, but were delicious!
Then, of course, we had to have gelato! Might I say it was quite fabulous! I got coconut and nutella, and Sterling got chocolate. Man was it good. We stopped to eat it right outside of the Vatican walls.
St. Peter's Square at sunset. Beautiful.
That's the dome from St. Peter's Basilica.
Ponte St' Angelo lined with Bernini's statues
Here are the statues, each having to do with the passion of Christ.
so excited you got to go to Italy- we have also traveled there- so the sites looked very familiar- beautiful place. I would love to return! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW! i had no idea you were taking this trip! that is absolutely incredible!!!!!! what an adventure! i am so excited you guys got to do this before the craziness of med school. what an amazing experience! please, keep the pics coming! i cant wait to see some from florence!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou just have to take the time to do things like this or they never happen. Love the pictures. Experiencing it first hand I'm sure was so much better. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteAHHHHH! What a wonderful trip. You will remember it forever. I have one word through: jealous!!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures.
ReplyDelete