Wednesday, April 27, 2011
FIVE minute break
I don't have any pictures for this one, but I think it might be more entertaining if left to the imagination. So, Sterling and I are in the middle of finals, and yesterday I got home from work, and began looking over my notes. My final (the last one) was on-line and closed at 11:55 p.m. Sterling had a final this morning that he had to study for, worth 40% of his grade. He decided we had studied long enough, and thought a FIVE-minute run to the store would be a good break. I wasn't convinced. He tried to persuade me some more, but I still wasn't convinced. So, he went out to the car, and I thought, "it's only FIVE minutes...that'll be fine." So, I ran out to the car, assuming he had all of the necessary keys, and, of course, locked the door behind me. So, off we went to the store, returned home, and then....searched for the keys that I assumed he had. Yeah, he didn't. Okay....no problem...he's picked our lock before in about FIVE-TEN minutes....we'll be fine. At this point it's about 7:00. So, we find a bobby pin in the car and get started. After declining help from a neighbor noticing our difficulties from across the lake (yes, that's right...watching....constantly, from across the lake), we began to get a little nervous. After a little while another neighbor walked by, and offered his help with the old credit card trick. 2 credit cards and a gym membership later, we were still standing outside our front door. Next try: sliding glass door. No luck. Back to the front door...with prayers this time (notice the "s" on prayers). Apparently lacking in faith, we still ended up standing outside the front door. Luckily Sterling had his cell phone, and, after TWO hours of trying to pick our lock, we called a lock smith. "He will be there in 40 minutes or less." Apparently services aren't free if they don't stick to their expected arrival time, because ONE HOUR later, he showed up. This is after Sterling's phone dies, multiple mosquito bites, several spider encounters, and dodging the largest toad known to man in order to awaken our neighbor to borrow his phone to make sure the lock smith was still coming! Now, if you're not doing the math, it's 10:00 p.m.! With the arrival of the lock smith it took about FIVE minutes (and $140.oo!...it was a good thing I was focused on taking my exam), before we were inside. Home never looked so good! I started my exam, and finished it with 20 minutes to spare. Sterling on the other hand, only got 3 hours of sleep, in order to study for his. That was a great FIVE minute break. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
murphy's law :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletethat was painful to read! my stomach was churning with worry! glad things finally worked out :)
ReplyDeletehaha, never give in to the husbands bad sense of time management...fortunately its usually me that suggests the quick breaks from studying!
ReplyDelete