Before Sterling and I moved up to New York his brother and Sister-n-law gave us a crib they no longer needed. When we got up here and got settled, we put a bachelor's chest that we had in the baby's room for a dresser. It was black, and the crib was a medium wood. We (I) decided to refinish the crib. It turned out well, and we really like it, but I will be content if I never have to sand anything, ever, again. =) We made it a nice, rustic piece in the room.
This was before I sanded
This was post sanding/staining
Then, I looked at a lot of different bumpers, and the ones I liked were all crazy expensive. So, I decided to make my own. I decided I wanted to use baby blue (with Sterling's influence on that one), gray, and white. Well, after looking at thousands of fabrics, I couldn't find one with those colors, especially one that I liked. So, I decided to make my own fabric/design. Luckily, it turned out, because I would've lost countless days of my life!
I chose a baby blue satin (washable), and gray and white ribbons to create my design.
Then, I added cording. At this point why hold back, right?
Voila! Not too shabby!
Here are both together. I'm loving it! We don't have the crib mattress yet, and I still have to do the skirt, but you get the idea. I'll post more when the rest is done.






That looks AMAZING! I had no idea you had such mad sewing skills!!
ReplyDeleteYou are very ambitious!
ReplyDelete