Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Fun

The summer is always exciting since we have my birthday in June, Sterling's in July, and our anniversary in August.  This year we added Father's Day too! =) 

For my birthday I wanted to go camping and fly fishing to catch some trout.  I also hadn't been sleeping very well (that was when the little man decided to block my right kidney), so was hesitant to go camping.  So, Sterling set up the tent in our downstairs right in front of our fireplace, and we made smores.  Then I got to sleep in a nice bed.  It was perfect!  We had previously gone fly fishing and I hadn't caught anything...so Sterling got me a fly rod and reel for my birthday, found a good place to fish, and let me have all the sweet spots.  I caught 4!  

I call these my "maternity waders."  


I got a little tired, and decided to take a seat.  The legs
don't bend very well, so I had to keep them sticking straight out!  
It worked though, and I caught another trout!


We made a fire and cooked them up!  Pretty tasty!


I didn't count these little guys in my 4 trout, but if I 
count them I caught 6.  =)


Now, for Sterling's birthday we went to New York City.  He LOVES the city, and I'm pretty sure he would spend every weekend there if he could.  We had wanted to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (which I had hesitated to do prior because I knew I would be done much sooner than he would), but hadn't been.  So, for his birthday we went, and spent as much time as he wanted!  

A yummy stop on our way out.  

Some of Sterling's favorites:

  





The view from the top of the building.  

No comments:

Post a Comment