So a few weeks ago, Sterling texted me and told me they only had a couple of patients so the doctor let him leave early. That happens occasionally, so I didn't think anything of it. When he got home I asked him what he wanted to do. Usually he can think of several things, but this time he was kind-of dragging his feet ("let's start a fire".... "maybe we should play parcheesi"....etc.). I didn't think too much about it. Then the doorbell rang, and he told me I should answer it. Then I started to get suspicious. I figured he ordered something and it was just delivered. I went to answer the door (peeking first of course) and it was a guy in a bright orange jacket just standing there. Finally I answered the door, and it was my brother!!! He had a business trip to Syracuse, and then came down to visit for a couple of days. It was so nice to see him and hang out! (A special thanks to Val for sacrificing him for a couple of extra days too) =)
Unfortunately he was sick during his stay, but we still headed out to see some waterfalls. Well, turns out they are closed in the winter (apparently massive amounts of ice and gigantic icecicles overhead are dangerous). We walked along a couple of trails until we couldn't go any further. It was pretty cool to see all of the frozen water.
Jonathan, Cohen, and me
Sterling, Cohen, and me
The view from the bridge
A view from one of the lookout points
"a guy in an orange jumpsuit at my door" ha ha! Thought you had an escaped convict on your doorstep! Glad you had a fun suprise!
ReplyDelete