Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

We had a nice Valentine's trip!  A few weeks ago I saw a good deal online for Lord of The Dance tickets, but it was on a Thursday (Valentine's Day) and I didn't think Sterling could get off of rotations, etc.  So I mentioned it to him and didn't think much else of it.  Well, a couple weeks later when I asked Sterling what we wanted to do for Valentine's Day, he told me of his plans (and I thought I had beat him to the punch!).  He's been looking at a fellowship in Connecticut, and knows one of the current fellows there, so we were going to head out Wednesday and meet with her and check out the campus and the program, and then Thursday we were going to go to New Jersey to see Lord of the Dance!  (I saw Riverdance in college with my roommate and LOVED it).  He had already arranged to leave Cohen with some friends here.  I was glad he told me the plans ahead of time so I could prepare emotionally for that part.  =)

We checked out the fellowship program and campus and it was really nice.  Unfortunately, they had gotten 38 inches of snow during Nemo, but assured us that that was incredibly rare.  Hmmm...
Sterling and I were able to speak with the program director, who was very nice, and we got to meet a lot of the other staff members as well.  It's a few years away, so we'll see!




They had the Gutenberg Bible on display


This was a courtyard turned into a library, so the inside is the outside...pretty cool!



I didn't get any pictures at Lord of the Dance, because we weren't supposed to take any, but here is a link of what it's like.  It was awesome!  Their feet move so fast!  I love it!  



1 comment:

  1. 38 inches of snow, thats nuts! what a beautiful campus. leaving your babe for the first time is rough, but always very needed :)

    ReplyDelete