- Went to the meeting. I won't get into it...it was rough
- Started on our journey (it was supposed to be about an hour's drive); we went the wrong direction.
- Got back on track and almost there. We just needed to get across the river...but wait, we COULDN'T. The map took us an hour the WRONG way.
- After having spent so much time driving we were determined to see the sunflowers. So back we went. An hour back the way we came, and another hour to our destination.
- Finally, we made it. Out to see the sunflowers. It must be near the end of the blooming period; they're all facing the ground. It's okay. We set up the tripod and camera (it was the perfect setting for some family pictures) and...it starts dumping rain. We get everything and run back to the car.
- We hang out in the car and take some family pictures. It finally stops raining.
- We go back out and get set up again. Snap a few pictures and the camera dies. Beautiful. iPhone pictures it is; I can photoshop.
- Head back home. It is a nice drive. It's pouring rain again.
- We almost slam into the back of a truck and narrowly escape. Whew.
- Cohen falls asleep. Someone slams into the back of us. We scream; Cohen screams.
- We are all okay and the car is minimally damaged.
- We arrived home 6 hours after we thought we would, but we made it...
....and we actually got some decent pictures.
This is our favorite!
Without someone to play peekaboo from behind the camera Cohen wouldn't smile. I should photoshop that. =)









I love these pictures! What a crazy day for you guys. I'm glad everyone was safe!
ReplyDeletePhew! I'm exhausted after that post :). Glad to hear no one was hurt in the accident! Love, Love, Love the pictures! Cohen is such a cutie! - And you guys are pretty good-lookin' too!
ReplyDeleteGood gravy! What a day. Glad you guys are safe. Such cute pictures. LOVE the last two. Hope to see you guys soon!
ReplyDelete