Sterling trying to bathe Cohen without getting wet. Cohen-1. Sterling- 0.
A new Hopkins onesie to support Sterling. =)
Sterling had a shirt that I LOVED, but the elbows had ripped....twice. I just didn't want to let it go, so I decided to make a romper out of it for Cohen! I won't say how long it took me, but it actually turned out! Yea!
Since my sewing adventure was a success, I decided to make a circle skirt (which I love, and think are soooo cute!) and matching headbands for Kinsley (my niece). Apparently she's not a fan of having a stretchy piece of fabric constantly around her head (I don't know why not) but the skirt fit! I'll take it!
We went to a trail called Gunpowder Falls. It was really beautiful, and all along the way there is access to the river and you can swim or tube wherever you'd like! We found some little pooled areas of water to play in. It was more Cohen friendly...and the water was warmer.
Poor kid couldn't even keep his head up on the way back. Sleepy boy!
There was an Italian Festival in town (in Little Italy), so we stopped by there. It was fun to get out and get some culture. So glad we live close by so many fun activities!
We went and toured The Hamptons one weekend. The mansion is quite impressive, though I can't tell you any of the details about it. =) A squealing baby during the tour might have something to do with that.
This is where they kept ice (there is a 30 ft. deep hole behind me). They would put snow/ice down there in the winter and it would freeze solid. It stayed frozen through the summer and they could get ice whenever they wanted it. Pretty clever!
Some pictures I love from sitting in the park one day.
Watching the dolphin show at the aquarium.
Sterling and I got a date night! I think it was our 2nd one since Cohen was born. It was soooo nice! We went to the science center where they have a giant telescope with free star-gazing on the weekends. It was still light out, so we looked at the sun (sun spots included) and also at Venus. Pretty cool!
I know what this looks like, and it's not what you think. We would never give our son alcohol...it's root beer! =) Okay, okay. We didn't let him drink it. He was trying to make noise with it (we always blow across the top to make that....noise? you know the one I'm talking about). He actually did it too!
Excuse the blurry picture. It's of his teeth. All four of the top ones coming in at once. That makes for exciting days with a biting 10 month old.
We had our 5th Anniversary! We really needed more than just a couple hours, so we found a great cabin in North Carolina for a couple of nights. Val (my sister-n-law) was a saint and agreed to add Cohen to her bunch. Thanks Val!
Cohen reading on the way there.
Hiking and waterfalls
You can tube/swim here, and the water was nice and clear. It was also nice and FREEZING!!! I think it took us at least half an hour to work up the courage to get in. Sterling did it first, and I couldn't be outdone so I joined in the fun. We had to get pictures as proof, of course.
Then we spent a couple of days with Jonathan and Val. Unfortunately Jonathan was pretty busy, so we didn't see much of him. We did spend a lot of time with Val...which we enjoyed, but she had already watched Cohen for two days, so I'm not sure how much she enjoyed us. Thanks for putting up with us Val! =) It was fun to play with Ella and Addy too...they're such cuties!
Don't worry. It's not an FSU blanket.
The boys watching the game. (Cohen can wear Hopkins and BYU onesies...they're pretty neutral in our household. He doesn't, however, have a Georgia or Florida onesie currently. We can't seem to agree upon that topic). =)
D.C. is so close! We went to the Museum of Natural History. It was great!
We had an LDS night at Camden Yards. We were pretty excited about going to an Orioles game and having an enjoyable evening. What we didn't consider was Cohen's objection, or fear I should say, of loud noises. All of the fans screaming "Charge!!!" really seemed to set him off. Unfortunately yelling "charge!" is a rather frequent occurrence to say the least. We lasted about 10 minutes and then left. I guess we'll have to do it for a date night.
Last night was the NFL kick-off and it took place here in Baltimore! Free Keith Urban concert and fireworks. We didn't know about the fireworks until we were there, and given our previous experience with Cohen and loud noises we were a little skeptical about staying. We did stay, and it went pretty well.
Sterling covered Cohen's ears, and Cohen held onto Sterling's hands. The louder it got the tighter Cohen pushed Sterling's hands down. He manned it out well. Pretty cute!
Today Cohen had his 9 month check up. We're just a little late, so he's 10 months. Oops. He's tall and tiny. Still up around the 80th percentile for height, but he dropped to the 8th percentile for weight. Needless to say, we're supposed to get him to eat as much as we can as frequently as we can. We'll see how it goes!




























What a fun month! I can't wait to come and love on Cohen - He gets cuter in every picture!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures! And your sewing projects look awesome! I'm super impressed with Cohen's outfit!
ReplyDelete