Yep! That's my sister...cooler than cool whip (a phrase she used many years ago and it just stuck; how could it not?). So I've been procrastinating this post until I get pictures from Melica (which I have yet to request). I decided I should just go ahead and post what I've got and add more later. Melica came to visit me last month (hence the cooler than cool whip). I was sooo excited! We'd been talking about needing to get together and it seemed easier for me to go to Florida (she has three kids; I have one. She has a house; I live in a basement...etc). But she was a champ and came up to Baltimore for a long weekend; what a great sister I have! (And a special thanks to Aaron for lending us your wife!) We had a great time. We picked her and Kinsley up in DC and went to the Museum of Natural History, came back to Baltimore and got some Home Slyce (yummy pizza), put the kiddos down, and pigged out on ice cream and hung out. The next day we spent at the aquarium and downtown and came home to do the same evening routine....put the kids down and eat way too much ice cream! Sunday we went to church and then in the evening we headed over to an arboretum nearby. There was lots of space for Kinsley to run around and some of the leaves were changing to bright orange (a pleasant sight for Floridians). Sunday evening was...yep...you guessed it, more ice cream! Monday we went to a park nearby and then had to drop them off at the airport. It was such a nice weekend and it was fun for Cohen and Kinsley to get to play together. She would run from one side of the house to the other and let him chase her. Unfortunately for him, she was running and he was crawling. When he got close she'd run to the other side again. Haha! They stayed pretty entertained.
Trying to get pictures (both smiling simultaneously) at the Arboretum
Fall leaves
Melica was amazing when it came to getting Cohen to sleep. He's our cuddly boy, and here you can see he's got his hands and feet on her. :)
At the Aquarium. Kinsley's taking a close look at the jellyfish. haha!
We had such a great time! Glad I could come up. I am officially requesting the pictures you have and I'll have to send the rest of mine - I didn't send the naked bath pics because I didn't feel they were blog appropriate. :-) Haha - That sounds really bad - nake baby bath pics...LOL!!! (I'm glad you haven't forgotten how cool I really am!) :o) Love ya!!
ReplyDelete