We're almost finished with our Erie rotation, and I'm still not caught up with Detroit! Picture overload again...
Arboretum
Bugs, though he's selective about which ones I have to catch for him (thank goodness!). I can handle a roly-poly, but not much more than that. :)
He insisted it crawl on his toes as well.
One of Cohen's favorite activities...throwing rocks in a storm drain outside of our apartment.
Water color
Carousel. Turns out I get sick on those now. I did open my eyes for the picture though.
Pretty much every weekend we went downtown to the Farmer's Market. It was really great! It was huge, and the prices were actually reasonable. The atmosphere was fun, and we all had a good time!
Some areas of Detroit. We called it World War Z. The picture doesn't do it justice; it's really pretty bad.
The nicer area of the city.
The nicest area. :) (It's not downtown). Ever since we visited, Cohen will ask for "tempo saw" (temple song). It's pretty sweet.
Someone turned 30 this year! (And it wasn't me! Whew!) We were lucky enough to get to know some people in the ward, and I arranged for a baby sitter so that we could go out to dinner. We went to a really cool place called Vinsetta's Garage. It had great food and a great atmosphere! And we were able to enjoy the whole thing without interruption!
I let Sterling add the candles. Cohen now refers to cake as "fire". Can you blame him?
A recent discovery...hmmm
Another carousel. I'm really in for it. This one wasn't as bad as the first.
Beach trip! It's actually a lake, which doesn't really seem like it should classify as "beach" but nonetheless. We drove to Lake Huron and played in the sand. Yep, not the water; it was freezing. You can't see it in any of these pic's but I had a jacket on and a towel covering my legs. Brrrrrr
We enjoyed our time here! Farewell, Detroit!










No comments:
Post a Comment