We moved all of our stuff (which, thankfully, wasn't too much) and headed to Boston. I wanted to be moved in before Sterling's graduation so that we didn't have a move looming over our heads. I wanted us to be able to just enjoy finishing med school. This is one of the many toll booths on the way up. We had no idea we would be paying over $200 in tolls to get from Atlanta to Boston! Crazy!
We hired movers to unload our truck. Best. Decision. Ever. It was soooo worth every penny (and to be honest, it really wasn't that many pennies - win, win). So they unloaded our truck up to our 3rd floor apartment, and we enjoyed a few days in Boston before heading to Florida for graduation.
Unfortunately I think Sterling's parents have most of the good graduation pictures, and I have yet to get them. So this is what I had. I'm so proud of this guy! He worked his tail off for so long! What a great feeling!
We celebrated our to eat afterwards (and I have to find those pictures too). More family came up for the celebration dinner. It was great!
Another amazing part of the trip was that Sterling's parents watched Cohen so that I could surprise Sterling with some time to ourselves! It was fabulous. He had to be in Bradenton a couple days before graduation (for exit counseling, etc.) so we just stayed down there together. He had classes in the morning and then we had the entire afternoon/evening together. It's amazing how much we did without a toddler! We had a nice lunch, without interruptions, browsed some stores, took a nap (yes, and it was great) went to dinner - again without interruptions- a movie, and then watched the sunset and got ice-cream! And then we still got a full night's sleep! It was SO relaxing and just what we needed.
Then we met up with some family in downtown Disney and enjoyed some Ghirardelli ice-cream. Doesn't get much better than that!
And of course, we had to head back to real life, but at least we were all moved in!


No comments:
Post a Comment