First rotation is in Philly. Luckily, we received a list with some housing options, so we were able to rent a room for pretty cheap. There are actually three rooms and a shared living space, complete with mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker (phew!). =) Stove was left off of the list....oh wait, no, it's just nonexistent. The landlord did buy a nuwave induction cooktop though, and it has been a life-saver! Only one other room is rented out, and Sertaj (our roommate, who is rarely here) is very nice. His wife and 3 children are in Texas and he's taking a biostats course here for the summer. As we were driving to Philly I realized we just rented a room, sight unseen, in Philadelphia. It turned out pretty well though. It turns out it is a finished basement of a very nice home, in a very nice neighborhood. Tender mercies.
Poor Sterling...Father's Day comes around and all we have is a microwave. I Pinterested several microwavable meals, and found that you can microwave cinnamon rolls. In 40 seconds! Seriously?! How did I not know that before?
My stove-top. It heats up pretty stinkin' quick too. Not sure how it works, but the water boils faster on this than on my gas stove in Baltimore!
Sunday evening we took a walk through the neighborhood and found a park and giant splash area. The water wasn't on, but Sterling couldn't resist "waking up the dragon". Yeah, that's right, I said Sterling. So, Cohen had to check it out.
Monday I decided we'd go play at the park...just the park area. Well, since Cohen already knew about the water area, he didn't want to swing....or slide...or climb on the stairs. He just wanted to go in the water (even though he doesn't like it falling on his head). We can see who won that battle. =) Crazy boy.
I met some young mothers at church on Sunday (their husbands are all in dental school). They invited me to the pool yesterday, which was very kind of them and very nice for me. (I didn't get any pic's though). My only predicament was how to bathe my sun-screened child. Yep. I didn't even think about the fact that there might not be a bathtub when we got here. We tried a shower Saturday evening and it was not the best experience for any of us. So, I got creative...and I don't want to brag, but I was pretty proud of my creativity. =)
He was hesitant to get in, but it went much better than the shower. Thank goodness.
Cohen has been waking up around 6 since we got here (which make my days REALLY long). So this morning we went and explored the Awbury Arboretum. Ironically, it's right in the city, and we could see cars and hear sirens. But, since we came from Baltimore, we felt right at home. =)
Cookie break!
Someone found a perfect walking stick, though it was more like a "take a few steps and beat the ground" stick.
I like the cooler idea! You are creative! :) We've been trying the shower thing with Lily too since that's mostly what they have in Norway.
ReplyDelete